To make the most out of your company’s (or your blog’s) online presence, it’s important to bring in certain tools and resources to help boost performance. These tools and resources cover a number of areas ranging from content and social media optimization, to e-commerce listings, customer relationship management (CRM), email marketing and pretty much anything (digital) in between.
One of the most important tools you can have in your toolbox, however, is a tool that enables you to conduct SEO audits. This is something that many businesses overlook.
Many businesses have a website, often with a blog. And we all set goals to drive engagement and reach as many people as we can so that we can generate leads and convert them into our loyal customers. Yet, we often fail to take the time to review the content we have on these channels and make updates to ensure our presence is the best it can be. That’s why it’s so important to conduct a complete audit on a regular basis.
In a bit, I’ll highlight 7 SEO audit tools that I highly recommend, but first let’s talk about a few things that you should be able to do with any good SEO audit tool that you choose.
The first and foremost thing that any SEO audit tool you select should do is to help you measure the impact of your efforts on the performance of your website. Conducting an audit will help you set a benchmark to track improvements and see which efforts and working and which are not.
With the right tools, you will be able to track where your audience is coming from and whether or not your visitors fall within the demographic you wanted to draw to your website and your blog. This will, in turn, help you do further research as far as the tonality, language and keywords go, so that you are able to make changes as necessary to bring in the right audience. A good audit tool will provide you with valuable insight into your visitors to help you make important decisions.
Choice of Keywords
The tool you choose should also help you understand which keywords have the best results for your niche to help you connect more easily with your ideal audience. You should also be able to make adjustments and receive recommendations for new keywords to target.
With the right SEO audit, you can also do an analysis of your competitors and what is working for them – or what isn’t working for them. That way, you can tap into the right resources to reach the right people in the right place and avoid the pitfalls and mistakes that could be plaguing your competitors as well.
Now that you’ve got a base understanding of the features the SEO audit tool you choose should offer, let’s look at some of the tools and websites that can truly power your SEO game.
- SE Ranking Website Audit: This is a free SEO audit tool that helps you get a complete and comprehensive analysis based on content, imagery and many other parameters by crawling your site thoroughly and pulling out critical information. You will be able to uncover errors on your website thanks to the superior features of this SEO audit website.
- Screaming Frog: If you want more of a crawling tool rather than a complete audit, then this is the website for you. With Screaming Frog, you get to tap into the various errors that could be stopping your website from getting a great ranking.
- My Site Auditor: This SEO audit tool is more suited for those who are running a large SEO agency and are on the lookout for an enterprise-size plan or tool that can handle a number of websites and campaigns at a time. This tool can help you generate more leads by integrating with your CRM platform as well.
- Marketing GradeR: Developed and marketed by the CRM and digital marketing giant, HubSpot, this tool will help you understand your ranking, what you are doing right and what is clearly lacking. While many of us can get overwhelmed by the amount of data that is usually unravelled on these types of websites, this is a website that will help you decode that data with proper takeaways for a better SEO-driven campaign.
- Site Analyzer: This is also one of the best SEO audit tools and provides you with insights which can help you tweak your SEO efforts in order to get to the top of your digital presence- building game.
- SEO Site Checkup: This is a free tool that helps you understand where you stand on search when it comes to your own website and the websites of your competitors as well.
- Woorank: With free and paid plans, you can be sure that the insights and analytics provided by Woorank will definitely help you reach out to your ideal audience in the best possible manner.
Now that you are armed with a few SEO audit tools to review and compare, you’re in a good position to determine what the best approach is for you. There are plenty of other options, so do your research. This, however, is a good place to start.
Enjoyed reading the blog? Sign up for our bi-monthly newsletter to receive marketing news and advice.
- 7 Powerful SEO Audit Tools to Conduct an Audit of Your Website - March 26, 2020