Every day a new product or company is launched into the market. When these products and companies launch, they require a strong promotional and marketing strategy to help expand the reach and gain traction.
The digital space has changed the game for companies looking to launch and grow, and digital marketing agencies are one great way to help your company do just that. If you have the staff in house, you can have your own team put together and execute your strategy.
Whichever direction you choose, you need to have a digital strategy to target your intended audience across the channels where they hangout online. Let’s dig in and look at the role of a digital strategy in launching and promoting your company, as well as a few ways you can implement one.
Table of Contents
How do you market your product or company the right way?
Good marketing hits the mark when you’re able to apply just the right amount of creativity mixed with the right amount of strategy. Good marketing, especially in the digital space, requires time and skill to market a product or company to really attract your audience member’s attention.
It also requires a certain amount of determination and willingness to take risk. There are many different marketing methods and tactics your business can use to promote your brand and get you where you need to go. So, you’ll want to be sure you understand your audience, and your goals and objectives, to ensure you’re doing it the right way.
Digital marketing, in all its forms, is one of the most popular forms of marketing today. With so many people online every day, having a strong digital focus can help you reach more people – and do it in a cost-effective way.
Email marketing, social media, digital advertising, blogging…the list goes on. Digital marketing is the way to go.
What is digital marketing?
Digital Marketing is marketing done through a variety of online options. With digital marketing, you target your audience via the Internet as opposed to offline actions like billboards, radio or print ads.
Digital marketing includes using tactics like the following to target your prospective customers:
- Social media marketing
- Email marketing
- Digital advertising
- Influencer marketing
- Mobile marketing
- Inbound marketing
These tactics (and ones not mentioned here) can have a significant impact on your ability to easily reach your audience with targeted messages – online. But the key to your success lies in choosing the best digital strategy, as the strategy and direction you choose can make or break your company.
Unless you have a huge budget to be able to do your digital marketing in house (and most startups and small businesses do not), I highly suggest you work with a digital marketing agency.
How do you choose the right digital marketing agency?
There are many agencies to choose from but choosing the one that is suitable for your needs can be challenging. When selecting a digital strategy agency, you need to keep few things in mind.
The agency you choose should:
- Have a good reputation – Google the agency and look at reviews, and don’t be afraid to ask for references.
- Have done work in a field – Make sure your agency understands your business. They should have experience with projects marketing things similar to the product or service you are selling.
- Have proper credentials – Look at each of the team members you will be working with and make sure they are actually skilled in the areas they say they are.
By checking the boxes above, you’ll position yourself to select an agency to work with who really understands your business and can help you develop a strategy that will help meet (or exceed) your goals.
For example, if you run a business in the music industry, that’s very specific. You’ll need to work with an agency that focuses specifically on this niche and understands your needs. Jaynike is a great example of a digital agency that focuses on this niche, for example. You can see by their website that they truly understand the music niche. And their messaging shows it clearly
As you research your agency selection, you’ll want to review agency websites and make sure the messaging there showcases that they truly get you and your business. Make sure the agency you select really gets your niche as well.
Once you get your niche, you need to determine the location you want to target. You can target customer locally or regionally, but with digital marketing, this allows you to target customers anywhere across the globe. By expanding your reach, you can really open up the potential to grab business from anywhere, even a foreign country, if you target specific locations the right way.
How can digital marketing can help you expand into new countries?
Beyond establishing your business in your local or regional market, you may be considering “going big” and launching into other countries. This can help you expand your reach further and build new revenue sources to help drive increased business.
Targeting business in a new country with which you are unfamiliar is filled with challenges. You need to invest in localized digital strategies instead of a one-size-fits-all effort. If you don’t you risk alienating these new markets and even potentially causing a PR nightmare.
One important thing you will need to understand is how SEO works in the regions of the globe that you are targeting.
When you move into targeting a new country, make sure you are targeting the most lucrative locations and not wasting your time. In other words, do your research.
For example, for software companies outside the U.S. looking to move into the U.S. market, Silicon Valley is one of the most preferred destinations for obvious reasons. When you look to do the same, no matter what country you are targeting, be sure to target areas where your line of business is welcome and can thrive.
One great way to get your business known in a foreign country is to hire a local digital agency. While you can utilize your internal team to manage projects and drive the work the agency does for you, it’s best to have someone on the ground in the locations you’re targeting who really knows the area.
Here are some advantages of hiring someone locally to do this the right way.
- On the ground expertise: To really drive results using your digital strategy to target outside the country, you need ground-level expertise. This is where the digital marketing companies come into the mix. Rather than having to spend tons of money researching a local area and then hiring full-time experts to target that area, you can work with a local agency who already knows the area and understands how to reach out to your prospective customers.
- Understands advertisement requirements: Your digital agency will understand which digital publications perform the best and can really boost your success. They will be able to point you toward the publications and other online spaces where you can target the right audience members with the right message.
- Strategic insights gained over time: Hiring a digital agency in a foreign country essentially sets up your marketing as though you have full operations in that country. Until you grow into the multi-billion dollar corporation you aspire to be, you can leverage the power of an agency on the ground.
What are the top digital marketing tactics to grow your business?
Fortunately, there are tons of great methods available online to help you reach your target audience. Here are a few of the top digital marketing tactics you need to know to be able to smoothly expand the reach of your business. We mentioned these in passing earlier in the article, but let’s look a bit further into how you can use each one.
Social media marketing
This is a great way to expand your reach and generate conversations about your brand with potential customers. It’s also a great way to keep the lines of communication open with your existing customers. Find out what social media channels your audience hangs out on and then target those channels with pages that match your brand and help amplify your content.
Build your email lists. This is extremely important. A great way to do this is to have lead magnets and sign up forms across your site. Have the traditional newsletter sign up, but also offer free downloads like eBooks, white papers and templates available for those who are willing to trade their contact info. Then target segmented lists with emails promoting your content, your products and more to keep your brand top of mind.
Visitors to your site that land there from search are typically much more engaged than those who show up from other efforts. Take steps to generate inbound links from high authority sites, optimize your on-page content and perform additional SEO tasks to really boost your traffic with highly interested visitors.
This is a great strategy to drive interest in your website and give your site a boost in SEO. Create content on topics that help your target audience solve problems. This will keep them coming back for more. Use an editorial template to ensure you are staying on point with posting regularly and keeping up with the right subjects to drive traffic.
You can advertise via numerous platforms here. Two of the most popular are Google Ads and social media advertising. Social media advertising allows you to promote your content and your business on channels like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and others. Depending on the channels you use, you can target your audience via things like location, profession, keywords they search for and more. If you target precisely, you can drive tons of business to your landing pages where people buy products or sign up to become part of your lists (to buy products down the road).
Keep in mind that these are just a handful of the numerous digital marketing tactics available to your business. Make sure to utilize only the ones that make sense for your business and stay within your budget. You can do a lot with a little in the digital space. What this video for advice to help you choose which tactics make the most sense for you.
Why is digital marketing growing so fast?
There are many reasons why digital marketing has become so popular. Its usage by businesses has grown exponentially in recent years, and your business can benefit if you know how. Here are a few key reasons digital marketing has grown so fast.
- Advancements in technology – Things like social media, marketing automation and the ability to reach people via the Internet (across the globe) with the click of a button have been a huge contributing factor.
- Ineffectiveness of traditional marketing – Some of the traditional methods of marketing your business that were so successful in the past are no longer effective for many businesses.
- Consumer research grows – Your consumers are smarter than ever before. Prior to making a purchase, they will have done some serious research. And with all the info available online, you need to be sure your info gets in front of them.
Digital marketing is such a valuable tool, and it’s a great way to grow your business. If you have not jumped on this trend already, you need to do so now. By leveraging the tactics and the knowledge presented in this article, you can position your company for serious growth, now and into the future.
Enjoyed reading the blog? Sign up for our monthly newsletter to receive marketing news and advice.
- Consulting for Change: How Change Management Experts Drive Growth and Innovation - September 8, 2023
- ChatGPT Prompts – 4 Sources of Inspiration - April 7, 2023
- The Savvy Marketing Agency Guide to Wild Growth in 2023 - January 23, 2023