In 2019, almost half of the world’s population owned a smartphone. And 66% of US smartphone owners admitted they were addicted to them. With the central role social media now plays in our lives, the rise of eCommerce and the availability of free internet-based communications software like Skype, Whereby & WhatsApp, it’s no wonder we’re hooked.
In 2020, the number of smartphone users is set to rise from 3.5 to 3.8 billion. And this growth is not centered in dominant markets like the US and Europe, but in emerging markets like Latin America and Asia. More mobile users means a bigger captive audience and, ultimately, more opportunities to sell.
So, to help you seize the moment, we’re sharing the infographic below, which is chock full of all the juicy smartphone statistics your business needs to know to grab this year by the horns: We cover:
- How people behave when they’re using their smartphones to get online
- How and why they use mobiles to access websites
- How big the mobile market currently is
- How important smartphone traffic is to social media
- How mobile users are driving local search
Use these statistics to:
- Create better and more targeted mobile marketing campaigns
- Hone your approach to mobile advertising so you can maximize your ROI
- Increase your brand’s reach among emerging markets
- Building your presence on social networks
- Drive more footfall to your brick-and-mortar store
So, whether your business is local, national or entirely online, the take home message is that the importance of smartphones is only set to rise. And with this relentless trend comes the need to adapt and improve. Because, if tech giants like Google are going ‘mobile-first’, so should you.
Read on for the data and let us know what you’re doing to prioritize mobile this year in the comments section below.
Embedded from UKWebHostReviewFollow me: