No matter where you live, you can immediately communicate with people all over the global, bridging the distance via voice calls, texts, and emails. With front-facing cameras being touted by the debut of smartphones, a slew of programs for video-chatting soon found their way into our technology devices.
Lately, new messaging apps have emerged to deliver rich services that offer all sorts of interactions with others, from free text messaging, to voice and video calling, with the extra advantage of encryption to photo and document sharing.
With so many options, as a business you can find both free and paid options available to ensure the highest quality for calls and video. Even still, many small business users will require to have a dedicated VoIP service for business and use their particular hardware, such as VoIP phones.
While having so many video calling apps at your finger tips make it easier than ever to stay connected, the number of available choices is sometimes a bit overwhelming. Before you download any app and add more clutter to your device, you want to be sure the app you choose is going to fit your needs.
To ensure the app you choose does indeed meet your needs, make sure to ask these essential questions:
- Is it free to use?
- Will it be laden with annoying advertisements?
- Does this app allow both video and voice conversation?
- Could I use it on my desktop computer?
- Can I create group chats?
- Will I have the ability to share and accept files?
Many tech companies have gone as far as to include their particular proprietary talk clients. To help you determine what the best app is for your device, and for your team, we’ve detailed 5 of what we feel are the best and most popular:
- Google Duo
- Messenger – Text and Video Chat for Free
- Viber Messenger
- Skype – Talk. Chat. Collaborate
Let’s get started.
1. Google Duo
Google Duo is easily one of the most useful videos calling programs out there. As the name implies, the application was developed by Google itself and offers a video-calling experience with excellent video quality. Utilizing the application is simple since the UI isn’t cluttered like many video callings apps, and you also can begin a call in just a matter of seconds.
When testing the app, we barely experienced any issues, and we found that, overall, the app is pretty much bug-free.
Download Link: https://duo.google.com/about/
- High-quality video requires tablet computers, computers, and Smart Displays
- Group calling up to 8 people
- Get a live video preview of the person calling you
- Conversations on Duo will always stay private with end-to-end encryption
- Duo lets you make video calls even in poor lighting conditions
WhatsApp lets you share videos, and serves as a communication program that allows you to organize and send messages and pictures readily. It’s now got a great video call feature. This one is great on Android, but it isn’t confined to the Android system. Provided that the person you’re calling has WhatsApp installed, you can make a call to them – no matter the device. All you have to do is go to the call tab and then tap to start a call.
Download Link: https://www.whatsapp.com/
- WhatsApp Business App for free
- End-to-end encryption
- Group chats with up to 256 people at once
- Seamlessly sync all of your chats to your computer
- Send documents up to 100 MB
Facebook Messenger is the convenient and most popular mobile video chat for both Android and iOS that helps people all over the world stay in communication with friends, family and co-workers. The app allows you to keep a close connection. It enables you to use both voice and video calls, together with instant messaging.
Download Link: https://www.messenger.com/
- Get together with polls, share your location, split the bill and more
- Send money securely and easily
- Location sharing
- Connect with your businesses to chat
- Play games with your friends
Originally, Viber was specifically dedicated to making. It has since improved and has converted into a full-service messaging platform complete with voice and video calls. It also has Android Wear support media service and aid.
- Tens of thousands of stickers and GIFs
- Record quick-send video and voice messages
- Delete seen messages
- Build your community with unlimited members
- International calls to any landline or mobile in the world
No list of video calling applications is complete without mentioning Skype. Back in the day, when video calling was just beginning to develop into a thing, Skype was one of the few apps on the market, and arguably the most popular. Skype continues to be a terrific program to place video calls and has been available on Android for many years, making it a reliable resource.
The quality is exceptional, and you can also conduct voice calls through the application. The sole real disadvantage is that Skype isn’t as fluid as any programs on the list, such as Google Duo.
- Create and share your online meetings without any signups
- Call mobiles and landlines from Skype
- Live subtitles during audio and video call
- Mobile screen sharing
- Record calls and online meetings
Did you know? WhatsApp made the things worse for the telecom.
Before WhatsApp was established, 60 to 70% of revenue for telecom firms came from voice calling and SMS providers. That changed with the advent of apps like WhatsApp. To make things worse for telecom operators, WhatsApp introduced their video calling feature and extended a quality video calling experience for users. The point is, if you aren’t happy with your telecommunications provider, there are so many apps available to use as alternatives.
We’ve detailed five apps here, but here are another five you can check out. Definitely worth a look.
The technology has grown, and the availability of VoIP is now widespread, meaning users are now spoiled by a huge array of choices. Better yet for users is the fact that communications are not restricted to just calls, as video calling has become a feature in publicly accessible services.
For businesses, VoIP is the best option, and providers like IDeACom NC offer cost-effective and reliable VoIP services that include solutions for homes to small businesses to medium-sized businesses to enterprise-level corporations and anything in between.
Enjoyed reading the blog? Sign up for our bi-monthly newsletter to receive marketing news and advice.Follow me: