If you’re a small business owner and would like to grow your client base, there are several effective ways to market your products or services, especially now with the internet and the availability of many groundbreaking digital tools. Since its launch in 2006, Twitter has evolved into a powerful app that remains as a popular social media tool many people use to connect and engage with their target market.
As a small business, you will need all the help you can get to put your products out there. If you already have a Twitter account, you probably know the social media platform’s potential to reach millions of people worldwide. However, before doing this, you must have a substantial amount of followers. If, at the moment, the size of your audience needs a little boost, you might want to consider buying your Twitter followers. This move can be useful if you need to grow your audience fast. Once you have an audience in place, it’s easier to recruit organic followers to follow your account.
Table of Contents
How Can Your Small Business Benefit From Twitter
According to Twitter’s 2019 statistics, the platform has over 330 million active users monthly. If you can effectively funnel in leads to your business using Twitter and other social media tools, you can expand your brand at an exponential rate.
You can kickstart your Twitter activity by buying Twitter followers, and once you have the right-sized audience, you can then proceed to craft content suitable for your desired niche and build your audience more organically by engaging and following other Twitter best practices. Listed below are some of the things you can do with your business while utilizing Twitter:
- Drive traffic to your website
- Connect, engage, and network with those in your niche
- Disseminate well-crafted and engaging content
- Present your brand essence to a worldwide audience
- Power-up your SEO initiatives
- Boost your potential of making multiple sales
- Grow your audience
- Establish your business as an authority in the field or industry
- Conduct social listening to find out what people need and what they think about your brand
- Implement your marketing strategies using a cost-effective way
There are many ways you can make use of Twitter, which makes it an exciting online tool to explore. Apart from those mentioned above, you can increase awareness on your brand by conducting unique marketing activities, launching viral content, and engaging with thought leaders and well-known personalities who might want to endorse your business or collaborate with you.
How to Make Use of Twitter for Marketing Your Business
Using Twitter to boost your business is easier said than done. To indeed have a successful campaign, you must know how to leverage all of Twitter’s features to make sure your brand message reaches the right customers. Here are some of the things you can do to make sure your Twitter account and posts are the best:
Have a killer Twitter profile.
Make sure your business has an impressive Twitter profile that reflects your brand essence. It must immediately give your audience and potential clients an idea of the nature and vibe of your brand. You must make sure to have the following elements on your profile:
- A high-resolution copy of your company logo as your profile picture
- A catchy bio, with brand-related keywords, that perfectly describes your business.
- Essential links leading to your blog, website, or e-commerce page
- Additional photos that reflect your brand or business concept
Build your Twitter audience by engaging with the community.
You can grow the number of your Twitter followers organically by following people you want to be part of your community. With that said, don’t just follow anybody you come across on the site. Makes sure to prioritize accounts that can add value to your business.
Who are the people you should follow first?
- Current customers
- Friends and family
- Suppliers and related businesses
- Relevant thought leaders, authority sites, and influencers
- Those who can bring invaluable pieces of information that could improve your business
Once you’ve followed the necessary people, the next step is to engage with them actively. Tweet them, re-tweet relevant posts, create a healthy discussion and establish an atmosphere where they can freely communicate with you. Be approachable and open to customer concerns, even in the digital world.
Get your brand message across using great content and images.
These days, there are many creative ways to capture the audience’s attention on the internet. One of the essential things that could make or break a business is the kind of content they send out into the world. People care for brands that tell a story – those with heart and purpose, and a good sense of humor.
Whether you’re a B2B or B2C brand, you can always put across messaging that’s visually captivating, thought-provoking, emotionally appealing, and relatable.
What types of content can you use on Twitter to engage with your audience?
- Digital posters
- High-quality product images
- Short videos
- Curate content
- Re-tweets of posts from relevant influencers, celebrities, and thought leaders
You can also cross-post content from other social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
Make use of relevant hashtags on your posts and profile.
Hashtags make it easier for people to find posts related to their preferred niche or category. Using a relevant hashtag improves your Tweets’ overall performance and allows your audience to find you easily.
Moreover, you can use trending hashtags to increase the visibility of your social media posts. Anyone who types in the hashtag you used will see your post, so make sure the hashtags you use are faithful to your brand image.
How to Get Your Small Business Started on Twitter
Now that you know the benefits of using Twitter to grow your small business, all that’s left to do now is to create and put up your first business-related Tweet. What are some of the things you can write for your first post?
- Introduce your brand and what you intend on doing
- Offer vital information about your business and your products.
- Promote ways on how people can contact you
- Initiate a conversation with relevant individuals or groups
- Post an interesting photo or infographic
As you create your first Tweet, make sure to appeal to your audience’s emotions, be memorable, and utilize high-quality graphics and images, because everyone loves fantastic visual content.
Enjoyed reading the blog? Sign up for our bi-monthly newsletter to receive marketing news and advice.
- How Do I Grow My YouTube Channel in 2020? - August 15, 2020
- Benefits of Twitter Marketing for Small Businesses - July 15, 2020