Who doesn’t adore a decent competition? In this post, we’ll share our contemplations on who might win in a battle between e-commerce giants, Woo Commerce and Shopify. Shopify excelled as an e-commerce platform right from its launch in 2006.
Since it was a straightforward, facilitated solution for online retailers, Shopify immediately picked up footing, and today it is being utilized by almost 200,000 shippers today, with complete gross product volume surpassing $10 billion.
In 2011, Woo Themes presented a Word Press module named Woo Commerce. Since it was a free module and most of the individuals were at that point utilizing Word Press, Woo Commerce met the challenge posed by Shopify quite quickly. Today, over 1.5 million retailers, or an astounding 30% of e-commerce platform run on Woo Commerce.
Does it mean Woo Commerce is a superior e-commerce option compared to Shopify because more individuals are utilizing it? There’s no simple answer here, so we’ve done a comparison and laid out our findings below. As you consider launching your startup e-commerce business, check out this comparison to learn which platform might be the best fit for you.
Woo Commerce Vs. Shopify: An Overview
WordPress is an open-source CMS intended for content distribution. Woo Commerce is a free WordPress web-based business module that transforms your WordPress site into an incredible internet business store.
One the other hand, Shopify is more of an independent e-commerce platform. Shopify includes hosting services for your store on its own.
Let’s take a look at more details about both Woo Commerce vs Shopify in the following comparison.
Woo Commerce is a popular WordPress module with more than 3 million active installs on the web. Woo Commerce allows companies to create great looking and highly functional e-commerce WordPress sites and subsequently provides a mainstream e-commerce platform that meets the needs of today’s consumers.
It is free to open source programming like Word Press which you can download free, use, and alter how you like. So if you have coding abilities, you can, without much of a stretch, make some changes according to your needs.
Woo Commerce permits you to include add all of your products for sales on your site, drop in production descriptions, photos and other details the details and and install a variety of plugins to help boost your site.
The Woo Commerce module includes rich features, but it does require some adjustments and work to get it set up properly and looking good. By adding other Woo Commerce expansions you can increase the usefulness of your site and create a better experience. There are a lot of free and premium Woo Commerce related modules by outsider module suppliers, so you can find plenty of resources to update your site. .
Shopify is an e-commerce platform that permits anybody to set up an online store and sell their items. Traders can likewise sell their items face to face with Shopify POS.
Shopify began because Founder Tobias Lütke needed to sell snowboards for his organization then called Snow Devil. Selling snowboards via the web proved challenging at first, so he designed Shopify to meet his needs, thus the platform was launched and its popularity grew.
Now that you have an overview of both platforms, as well as a little taste of history, let’s delve into how they compare.
Comparing Woo-commerce Vs. Shopify:
Woo Commerce Features:
In the first place, Woo Commerce module is an open-source stage that permits outsider engineers to alter the code, as well as create applications and expansions for extra highlights. Consequently, there is a wide ranges of possibilities with Woo Commerce. If you are an engineer, you can build up a Woo Commerce expansion all alone according to your need.
Here are a few important highlights:
- You can sell any item, be it physical items or advanced items including programming, applications and so forth.
- Include a vast number of items and item classifications.
- It has keen shopping UX including pre-introduced installment passages (PayPal, Stripe and and more), safe checkout process, default cash, Geo-area support and so on.
- It has adaptable transportation choices with worked-in highlights like delivery truck mini-computer, costs show alternatives, dispatching goals, confine deals, sending strategies and so forth.
Woo Commerce offers marketing capabilities, including rebate coupons and codes. This makes it a very useful platform for promoting deals on your products.
Shopify offers all the e-commerce components clients require for an online store. It has a lot of implicit highlights including the ability to install new items, a quality checkout, a great user experience and much more.
Shopify offers a tons of great applications that you can install for free to improve your platform.
Let’s investigate a few highlights:
- You can include a significant number of items and arrange them by classification, type, season, deal, and that’s just the beginning.
- Shopify has basic and secure installment choices. It acknowledges charge cards, permits you to include your credit or charge terminal, split tenders, accept gift vouchers and so on.
- Get all the checkout highlights, including limits, request notes, transportation, custom deal, and duties.
- Shopify has highlights including discounts, request history, money coast, day by day sums and so forth.
- It naturally makes client profiles with new requests, lets you synchronize the on the web and retail clients’ data.
- Shopify offers a noteworthy dashboard for your business, requests, traffic, and that’s only the tip of the iceberg.
Wrapping It All Up
Woo Commerce and Shopify are undoubtedly the best eCommerce platform, so either option is a great choice. Both have an excellent set of add-ons, and we strongly recommend these two platforms over others on the market.
Enjoyed reading the blog? Sign up for our bi-monthly newsletter to receive marketing news and advice.Follow me: