Is your business leveraging the power of visuals in your marketing to grab attention and stand out from the crowd?
You’ve heard the popular saying – “Show, don’t tell.”
People tend to connect more with visuals than they do with written content. I’m not saying written content isn’t important. It’s actually very valuable in your marketing efforts, especially when it comes to content marketing and SEO.
But no matter how great a written piece of content is, you can always spruce it up and add more value with some relevant visuals.
- Graphs and charts
- …the list goes on
Whether you’re posting on your blog or posting on social media, images can help take your content to the next level.
Table of Contents
Statistics highlight the impact of visuals
Let’s look at social media as an example. Across virtually all popular social media channels, visuals lead to increased favorable stats.
Check out the stats below for some insight into the impact of visual marketing.
- LinkedIn posts with images increase the comment rate by 98%.
- Tweets with visuals are likely to get three times more engagement.
- Facebook posts with images see nearly 2.5 times the engagement compared to posts without images.
There are plenty more stats like that to go around. And the power of visuals doesn’t just apply to social media. Take a look at this stat related to images being used in blogging.
- Blog posts with images in them see 94% more views than their counterparts.
Do you need more evidence? Check out this article I recently wrote for Search Engine Watch.
Suggested Reading: How Visual Content Can Give a Boost to Your SEO and How to Take Advantage
Go ahead, check it out. I’ll wait…
Welcome back! Hope you enjoyed the article.
Now that you’ve read that piece and seen the stats, need I say more?
I mean, it’s clear at this point that you should be incorporating visuals into your marketing, right?
Now that we’re on the same page with visual marketing, let’s dig a bit deeper and look at how you can create high-quality, engaging visual content to enhance your marketing.
Creating quality visuals for marketing
Here are three concepts you can apply to help you create great graphics, images and more to enhance your content and keep your readers flowing through your website…and staying on your website.
- Color – Color is the most critical and complex aspect of visual content. It sets the mood and evokes strong human emotions. Using colors in your images will help to tell a story to the audience. For instance – blue denotes trust and security, yellow depicts optimism, and red shows energy and urgency. Understanding color theory will help you in making your images and graphics brighter and more engaging.
- Natural light – Lighting is an important part of capturing a good shot if you plan to add quality photography to enhance your blog posts, social media content or other digital marketing. Dark images are harder to see, but they can evoke certain emotions that you may find valuable in your content. A nice, soft natural light can put viewers at ease or evoke a sense of peace. However you use natural light, it can go a long way in improving the impact of your content.
- Show your lighter side – Your team doesn’t always have to appear rigid by wearing suits and stern looks on your faces – unless that’s the look your clients want to see, of course. A little bit of letting down your guard and showing your human side can go a long way. Wear those comfortable pajamas and take a deep breath! Highlight your team’s Halloween costume contest. Show off your team members’ mustaches during Movember. Whatever “letting loose” looks like for you, you need to use visuals to pull back the curtains and have some fun. By seeing that you are enjoying life and your business is run by actual humans, your followers will connect with you and your business on a deeper level.
These are just a few ideas to help you jump into the visual marketing game and start taking advantage of the significant value visuals bring to your marketing. Whether it’s engaging your audience and connecting them to your brand, keeping people on your site longer or even giving a boost to your SEO strategy, visuals should play a serious role in your digital marketing.
Optimizing your mobile device for visual marketing
With so much more business being done online in the digital world, business’ interest in photography and other visual content has grown significantly.
Often, we use our mobile devices for marketing purposes. This is the case for social media managers, website owners and other digital marketers, and that involves saving and editing tons of images via your mobile device. Here are a few tips you should follow to be a better visual marketers – on the go.
Freeing up space
One thing you’ll need is an app that can help you clear space. We’re all guilty of taking tons of images of the same thing to ensure we capture the best angle or light, but that can really fill up your storage with duplicate images. And if you have no storage, your ability to quickly react and post quality visuals on social and other channels is limited.
To help you avoid this, you can use an app to detect and eliminate duplicate images. Before choosing which app is best for you, it’s always a good idea to look for a fresh review before installing an application on your device. For instance, Gemini 2 is one useful application that helps you scan duplicates and similar-looking files. Using an app like this can really free up space.
Graphic design apps
Another thing you’ll need is a trustworthy graphic design app. While nothing out there will give you all the bells and whistles of something like Adobe Creative Suite on your laptop or desktop computer, there are tons of great mobile apps that can help you slap together a quick graphic for your market and drop it online – no matter where you are when the need arises.
Canva, for one, has a pretty solid graphic design app that I recommend checking out. I also use DesignCap for quick graphics, and while they don’t currently have a mobile app, they are developing and releasing one soon, so I recommend keeping tabs on this tool and jumping on the opportunity once it’s mobile friendly.
One thing you need to know about digital marketing is that you won’t be successful if you don’t know how to collaborate. For that reason, you’ll need to make sure to have a quality file sharing app on your device. Here’s a great article with five of the top file sharing apps for your mobile device to help you determine which is best for you.
Suggested Reading: Top Five File Sharing Apps for Your Smartphone
Wrapping it up
Creating an aesthetic appeal on social media, on your blog or across your overall digital presence will drive increased success for your business. Don’t miss out on the power of visuals in your marketing.
Make sure you understand how to create great visuals and then place them strategically throughout your content and your distribution channels. This can give your content a serious boost.
Get the right technology in place to ensure you can work smoothly with your teammates, no matter where you are.
If you apply these principles, you’ll be in great shape to knock your visual marketing out of the park.
Enjoyed reading the blog? Sign up for our bi-monthly newsletter to receive marketing news and advice.
- Consulting for Change: How Change Management Experts Drive Growth and Innovation - September 8, 2023
- ChatGPT Prompts – 4 Sources of Inspiration - April 7, 2023
- The Savvy Marketing Agency Guide to Wild Growth in 2023 - January 23, 2023